Pages

Sunday, 22 June 2014

Craft: Baby Clothes Blanket

This boy of mine is growing non-stop, I literally have 3 bins of outgrown clothes stashed under his crib AND have already given away bags upon bags of the items that I'm not that attached to.
So I got a great idea from a fellow mama to turn the favs into a blanket that we can snuggle with. I am holding onto a lot of items in case future baby #2 is a boy, but since we made Ray's nursery space themed we picked up a few space themed clothes along the way. I figured I would pick out those select few clothes for the blanket. (Baby#2 will get a different theme anyways..)
It was really bittersweet chopping up these old clothes, as I held them up and reminisced on how teeny tiny they are and he was.


So all I did was cut the clothes into squares and sewed them together. I made the border of one of his old receiving blanket. I sewed on a piece of fabric I had laying around as the back.




I didn't use quilt batting with this blanket because I wanted to keep it thin. I have a feeling its going to be a favourite blanket and I didn't want it to be too thick and clunky that it would be annoying to bring along on outings or what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment