Pages

Monday, 2 December 2013

December Elk

My card reading for the month of December brought The Elk.

The Elk teaches us to stand tall and maintain your dignity no matter what, and others will treat you with the respect you deserve.
To slow down and be present in the moment, I feel that my goal last month to get all my shopping and Christmas planning done before December will really help me with this. Now that I don't have "to do" lists weighing me down I am able to enjoy my days.

A few key points to work on with the Elk is - confidence, stamina, agility, posture, strength and power

I have decided in the spirit of the Elk this month I will work on standing tall, posture and focus. I plan to try yoga and meditation to help with this, so I've signed up to try a Mom & Baby yoga class in my neighbourhood. I have always wanted to try a yoga class again but I was discouraged after trying it a few years ago. The class I attended made me feel embarrassed and stupid because I had no experience, the instructor and all those in the class seemed very condescending and stuck up. But I have heard good things about this studio, and since it's a Mom & Baby class I already know someone... Ray. So if everyone else there is too cool to talk to me then I will just talk to him, hopefully it goes well and I get the confidence boost I'm looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment