Pages

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Craft: X-mas Garlands

If I could, I would decorate my entire house with dozens of handmade garlands, but they are time consuming. It took me an entire afternoon to make 4 garlands, I happened to luck out with a sleeping baby so I was able to get these all done and hung before I was called away.


For the star garland and the reindeer garland I used cookie cutters to trace out the shapes on cardstock paper, poked holes in each with a toothpick and thread some pretty string through.


The triangle garland is two different colours of cardstock, folded in half and cut out triangles, then glued each side together with the pretty string in each crease.

And the pinecone garland(Pinterest has been just littered with these lately), I spray painted the cones with a bronze paint and then just wrapped the string around the base of each cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment