Pages

Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Whats cookin?

Just the other day my amazing man and father to my child tells me how happy he is that I don't work nights any longer because he gets to eat healthy home cooked meals, and no longer goes through KFC drive thrus. Being a stay at home mom has awakened a passion for cooking that I never knew I had. I used to just do what was quick at easy and I didn't branch to far out, but now with all my extra time for meal planning and prepping, I have even surprised myself with some of the meals I have made.

Vintage cookbook that belonged to my Nana


Freshly picked carrots from my garden
 First things first Spaghetti Squash... where has this been all my life?! What an amazing and versatile veggie, so far I have made Turkey Meatballs stuffed with Mozzarella on Spaghetti Squash and Marinara AND Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai. The Pad Thai has definitely been a hit and I have made it again and again.
 

 
I have also made a few different soups and stews, from scratch! That's right, not from a can! Butternut Squash Soup, Roasted Red Pepper and Coconut Soup, and a Sausage Kale White Bean Stew.
 
 

Now some days I don't have a lot of time to cook dinner with a fussy baby that needs to be held most of the day, but I still get a healthy meal on the table. How? With the help of my the Crockpot. Thank God for Crockpots!!! You just throw all the ingredients in the pot and like 6 hours later ... BAM dinner just cooked itself. A few go to Crockpot meals include Cashew Chicken on Rice, Pulled Pork Sliders and Ribs.
 
I have also improved on a few old quick week night favs: Coconut Curry, Sausage Casserole, and Chicken Pot Pies.
 
Thank you to Pinterest for giving me creative recipes and ideas for cooking. There has, however, been some meals that just plain failed. A Pork Tenderloin, a Spaghetti Squash Alfredo and a Veggie Lasagna are a few that come to mind. Oh well, they can't all be winners.   
 
 
Nevertheless I have a very happy and well fed man right now. And I look forward to getting to a few more recipes I have pinned.
 
Happy cooking. Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment